Translate this page
Choose the theme you want to tackle
Bear in mind that your project will need to focus on large buildings such as commercial offices, schools, and hospitals.
How could you help these buildings generate their own energy and at the same time become a source of energy for others?
By 2050, global energy demand is expected to double. At the same time, to limit global warming, CO2 emissions must be halved.
This means that protecting our environment has to involve energy efficiency – in terms of production, transportation and energy consumption.
How could you solve this dilemma? Imagine energy efficient solutions for buildings that could do better with fewer resources. See below for different lines of approach:
- Understand how energy is used, identify and prioritize energy savings opportunities, and propose measures to reduce energy consumption
- Optimize energy contracts with Utility providers
- Actively manage energy consumption to avoid Utility rate penalties
- Enable benchmarking of building efficiency
Schneider Electric's ambition is to reduce the environmental impact of its products and solutions throughout their entire life cycle, in particular by optimizing their consumption of energy and of natural resources.
To achieve this ambition, Schneider Electric wants you to create a new energy model.
In today’s digital world, power distribution in buildings is undergoing a fundamental and irreversible change. See below for different lines of approach:
- Increase the productivity of facility operations, reduce the frequency and severity of electrical faults, and increase operational safety using smart alerts.
- Quickly and accurately diagnose electrical fault conditions to restore power faster.
- Quickly and accurately determine the root cause of electrical faults and use that information to avoid similar events in the future.
- Determine the cause, propagation path, and business impact of power quality issues in the electrical distribution system.
- Automate recovery from electrical faults.
- Support emergency maintenance actions using AI-based recommendations and procedures.
Microgrids are the emerging energy ecosystem that can tackle present challenges through a local, interconnected system within clearly defined electrical boundaries, which incorporate loads, distributed generation, battery storage, and control capabilities.
Cheaper and greener, they yield massive productivity changes. They are also intermittent and decentralized, involving innovative power system designs to provide optimum performance, ensure system stability and finance asset implementation.
Your mission? Design solutions and find new business models based on microgrid technologies. See below for different lines of approach:
- Automate the mix of energy sources used in consumption to minimize energy costs and maximize environmental sustainability.
- Recommend optimum sizing for solar panels and storage batteries as well as battery voltage setpoints
- Maximize the use and yield of onsite solar energy sources using automatic load management. The goal is to improve the return on investment (ROI) of onsite solar energy.
Managing assets and equipment is essential for efficient and sustainable operation of a facility. They need to be managed and maintained to ensure continuity of services and a good return on investment. Based on installation in buildings, design a solution that will better use assets to save energy, helping to make facilities more efficient. See below for different lines of approach:
- Provide new ways of achieving condition-based maintenance or Reliability Centered Maintenance of assets to determine what maintenance is required.
- Provide a new kind of predictive maintenance to anticipate any issues.
- Provide a new way of defining good performance in terms of asset use, to ensure equipment is operating at the optimum point for efficiency.
- Predict maintenance needs in order to avoid electrical issues before they happen.