Innovation Challenge for Carbon Management | Startup Challenge
Create a better future for the next generations through the Circular Economy!
Translate this page
This challenge is open to startups across the world
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business. Hitachi is focused on strengthening its contribution to the environment, the Resilience of business and social infrastructure as well as comprehensive programs to enhance Security & Safety. Hitachi resolves the issues faced by customers and society across six domains: IT, Energy, Mobility, Industry, Smart Life, and Automotive Systems through its proprietary Lumada solutions. The company's consolidated revenues for fiscal year 2020 (ended March 31, 2021) totaled 8,729.1 billion yen ($78.6 billion), with 871 consolidated subsidiaries and approximately 350,000 employees worldwide.
Hitachi is a Principal Partner of COP26, playing a leading role in the efforts to achieve a Net Zero society and become a climate change innovator. Hitachi strives to achieve carbon neutrality at all its business sites by fiscal year 2030 and across the company's entire value chain by fiscal year 2050.
The Innovation Challenge for Carbon Management is organized by the following business units from Hitachi:
- Hitachi Systems is a leading IT service provider specializing in developing and implementing business systems for customers of diverse sectors and sizes
- Control System Platform Division in Hitachi, provides information and control systems that support social infrastructure to business in a wide range of fields such as power, railway, social infrastructure and industry.
- The Water and Environment Business Unit in Hitachi, has been operating Water plants and equipment, as well as supplying clean water to people in Japan and other countries (such as the Maldives)
- The Financial Institutions Business Unit in Hitachi, builds and operates mission-critical systems and develops and provides new financial solutions for financial institutions in Japan and other countries
- Corporate Venturing Office, the department promotes global Corporate Venture activity with partners and Hitachi Ventures GmbH. (Link to Website)
Feel free to check the links below for more information about the Hitachi Group: