Timeline of the Hackathon
15 October - 9 December 2018
Teams of 2 to 4 students will have eight weeks to come up with an idea to revolutionize Melco’s customer experience. Melco is looking for a unique and original idea that has the potential to be adopted and implemented at Melco Properties.
Teams must submit a presentation of 10 slides detailing their business proposal and a video/GitHub prototype by Sunday 9 December 2018 (11:59 PM, GMT+8:00)
Their presentation should cover the following:
- Solution Presentation: What is exactly your solution about?
- Impact on Melco’s Value Chain: Which area of business would be impacted?
- Solution Architecture (including APIs/SDKs): How to do you plan to include the provided Services & Kits
- Scaling model: Would a larger implementation require specific setups?
- Operational implementation: What Team, Resources, Timing would you need to execute?
- Team availability: Would you be available for Summer 2019 to implement your idea?
Teams are also highly encouraged to submit an appendix featuring their prototype via Github or demo video.
Voting Phase #1
10 - 23 December 2018
There will be a pre-screening period of all projects and teams and the jury will vote for the different proposals and choose the top 3 teams. The jury will consist of members from a variety of departments at Melco Properties as well as our partner: Microsoft.
The finalists will be announced on Monday 24 December 2018.
24 December 2018 - 13 January 2019
Now, you will have the opportunity to fine-tune your solution and your pitch with the help of your mentors (from both Melco & Microsoft)! This will be for you the occasion to refine your proposal and get inputs from both Technical (Microsoft) and Business perspective (Melco) to improve your prototype.
Teams must submit their updated prototype demo (video) and Pitch by Sunday 13 January 2019 (11:59 PM, GMT+8:00).
The Grand Finale
18 January 2019
This is your time to shine! Demonstrate your innovative idea in front of a jury made up of Melco’s senior management and have the chance to win some amazing prizes.
The format of the Grand Finale will be as follows: 5 Minutes Pitch & Demo (video embedded in the presentation) & 3 minutes Q&A.