Make a difference!
Help TD Insurance improve its positive impact on society and make its communities' lives better
Translate this page
During the second stage, the chosen teams will have an opportunity to take part in a webinar before receiving advice and support from a TD Insurance mentor to help them develop their project in as much detail as possible – the perfect way to make sure you’re giving your best!
To finish, the teams that are nominated for the final will be given pitch preparation training before being invited to the TD Insurance headquarters in Toronto to present their project in English to a prestigious jury of company managers and experts.
So don't wait any longer – click Participate now!
A three-stage process
Stage 1 - Registration and submission of ideas
From 09/04/2018 to 10/28/2018
Create or join a team of 2-5 students. Firstly, each team needs to present their idea in around five slides (using the presentation template on the platform), describing their concept clearly. Teams can also submit any other documents illustrating their idea if they wish to do so.
Each team must then upload their application to their personal area before 23.59 (GMT+0) on October 28, 2018!
NB: This challenge is exclusively for students or recent graduates (those who graduated in the last 3 years) who live in Europe or North America
Stage 2 - Expansion
From 11/19/2018 to 01/06/2019
After the jury announces its verdict on November 19, 2018, the teams behind the 20 selected projects will:
- Receive online coaching from TD Insurance experts via the platform in addition to a webinar session where they will be able to ask any questions they have.
- Use their coach's recommendations to improve their project (technical development and feasibility, cost estimates, video, prototyping, etc.).
- Upload a video explaining their solution (up to 4 minutes long) to the platform before 23.59 (GMT+0) on January 6, 2019!
- Add up to 10 slides of additional information to their project (optional but strongly recommended).
Stage 3 - The Final
After the second jury announces its verdict on January 18, 2019, the 3 teams of finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their solutions to a team of TD Insurance product management and innovation experts! The final, which will take place at the Toronto headquarters on February 19, 2019, will be a chance for participants to:
- See their project come to life.
- Get themselves noticed by TD Insurance.
- Win a range of prizes.
Your solution will be evaluated on 3 criteria
Innovative Factor - 40%
Is the solution similar to what TD Insurance already offers? Does your idea already exist in the insurance field?
Feasibility - 20%
Is your project feasible? Is it possible to set up your solution easily and efficiently?
Relevance - 40%
Does your project address the challenge themes?