Meet the Judging Panel
Academics, urban planners and architects
- Nathalie Crutzen, teacher-researcher in Management and Director of the Smart City Institute at the University of Liege, in Belgium.
- Isher Judge Ahluwalia, an economist and expert with the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, a public policy research institute based in Delhi.
- Francis Jutand, Deputy Managing Director of Institut Mines Télécom, which was behind the Futuring Cities initiative. Digital expert.
- Michel Lussault, geographer, faculty researcher and Professor of Urban Studies at the University of Lyon.
- Jorge Perez Jaramillo, Architect, Former Director of Planning in Medellin, Colombia.
- Arjan Van Timmeren, Professor à la Delft University of Technology (Netherlands), specialised in environmental studies and renewable energies.
Experts in the private sector and public enterprises
- Pilar Conesa, founder of Anteverti, a consulting firm based in Barcelona. Director of the Smart City World Expo Congress in Barcelona, one of the world's largest-scale events focused on these topics.
- Cécile Maisonneuve, Chairperson of Fabrique de la Cité, think tank dedicated to urban issues, founded by Vinci.
- Bruno Marzloff, Director of the Consulting and Prospective Studies firm Chronos, which explores issues in mobility, cities and digital.
- Rémi Feredj, Vice-Président for La Poste Immobilier.
Experts from associations, international organisations and NGOs
- Véronique Fournier, Director of the Montreal Centre for Urban Ecology, a non-profit organisation that studies and proposes urban policies.
- Jean-Pierre Elong-Mbassi, Secretary General of United Cities and Locals Governments in Africa, an organisation that represents local-level public authorities across the continent.
- John Rossant, consultant and founder of NewCities, an NGO based in Canada (Montréal), and dedicated to the future of cities and their inhabitants. He previously worked in journalism, as correspondent in Paris and Rome, for BusinessWeek.
- Michel Sudarskis, Secretary General of the International Urban Development Agency (INTA), where he heads the programme facilitating sharing of best practices and reflection on issues in urban development.
- Mark Watts, Executive Director of C40, a network based in London that unites the world's metropolises in joint initiatives and best practice applications, in particular in the field of sustainable development.
- Nicholas You, Co-President of Global Cities Business Alliance, a think tank based in London. Former political advisor in charge of operations for UN Habitat.
- Karine Dognin-Sauze, vice-présidente de Lyon-Métropole, chargée de l’innovation et du développement numérique. Elle est aussi conseillère du 9e arrondissement et adjointe au maire de Lyon, chargée des relations internationales, des affaires européennes, de la coopération décentralisée et de la solidarité internationale.
- Amalia Zepou, adjointe au maire d’Athènes, en charge de la société civile.
Le Monde team
- Jessica Gourdon, journalist specialised in urban innovation.
- Claire Legros, journalist specialised in urban and social innovation.
- Francis Pisani, journalist, author and conference speaker, specialised in technological and social innovations, in the Department of City Improvement.
- Laetitia Van Eeckhout, journalist specialised in urban and environmental innovation.