To participate, just read on
10 simple steps to take part in the competition
1. Register on the platform by clicking “Participate”.
2. Choose the category in which you wish to compete.
3. In your Team's space, provide a summary of your project or ideas, in a few lines.
4. Provide a YouTube, Vimeo or DailyMotion link to an introductory video (in French, English or Spanish) not to exceed three minutes.
5. Upload your introductory text (in French, English or Spanish), not to exceed 3,000 characters. Your introductory text should include a description of your initiative, its aim(s), the type of innovation, the expected impact, the projected schedule, players, cost and funding.
6. Upload an abstract (in English) approximately 1,000 characters long.
7. Upload a photo or scanned copy of an official document to prove: the identity of each person in charge of the project or representative of the informal consortium behind the project; or the legal existence of the public authority, company, association or institution, as applicable.
8. Review your registration data to ensure that everything is in order.
9. Submit your application!
10. Be patient, the results will be announced in May 2018!
Those wishing to take part in the competition are required to submit their complete applications by 13 May 2018 at 11:59 (UTC+1).
To tell about, take apart and reflect on the far-reaching and exciting transformations underway in urban environments, and give a showcase to the boldest experiments going on, Le Monde has created and editorial space dedicated to “smart cities”, at Lemonde.fr.