International Creatineer Competition
Annual AI and Robotics competition jointly organized by SIASUN and HKSTP.
INTERNATIONAL CREATINEER COMPETITION 2019
This Challenge is sponsored by SIASUN Robot & Automation CO. ,Ltd (SIASUN) and Hong Kong Science and Technology Park (HKSTP) (the “Sponsor”).
The aim of these Rules is to set out the terms and conditions governing your participation in the Challenge. By registering for this Challenge, you fully and unconditionally agree to comply with these Rules. If you do not agree with any of these Rules, do not register for this Challenge and do not submit an entry.
By accessing and accepting these Rules, You:
- enter into a valid and enforceable contractual relationship with Sponsor regarding participation in the Challenge. The registration and enrolment in the Challenge do not set up any subordination relationship between the Sponsor and the Participant, and
- fully and unconditionally agree to comply with these Rules. Participants express their agreement by checking an online box while enrolling for the Challenge.
In case of non-respect of these Rules, the Participant will be immediately disqualified from the Challenge and no prize will be awarded.
To register, the Participant must first have created a user account on the Challenge website, and must have truthfully and accurately completed required information, such as full name, email address, etc.
Any registration based on inaccurate, false or incomplete information will result in the Participant’s disqualification. Refusing collection, recording and use of their personal data that is strictly necessary to performing the Challenge will result in the Participant’s disqualification. Participant is solely responsible for the information he/she provides while its registration. Any intentional or non-intentional mistake, anomaly or inconsistency, regarding this information, may result in the Participant’s disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to proceed all necessary verifications regarding the Participant’s identity, postal and/or email address.
Deletion of a Participant’s user account on the Challenge website will be deemed as a withdrawal from the Challenge. In this case, the Participant, regardless of whether the deletion results from the Participant’s personal act or not, will not participate in the Challenge, and will not obtain any compensation.
Registration for and participation in the Challenge is free, with no purchase or payment obligation.
- Student. Any individual aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity, who (i) is currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or (ii) has recently graduated from a post-secondary institution less than 2 years before the current scholar year, with a student card to prove it. Each Student may only participate once in each Challenge. If the participant is a minor, you must provide this authorization signed by a parent or guardian in the name of the minor.
- Individual Participant. Individuals aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity at the time of registration. Each Individual Participant may only participate once in each Challenge.
- Startup. A business entity, regardless of its business area. Startups may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of (i) company registration by submitting a registration certificate issued within the last three (3) months, or ongoing company registration, or any trade registry and proof ensuring the registration of the entity in the relevant country, and (ii) a valid professional insurance policy subscription.
All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility will be required prior to awarding any prizes (e.g. identity document, registration certificate, student card, etc.).
This Challenge is not open to: employees and representatives of the Sponsor and Agorize and the members of their families.
This Challenge is void in countries where it is prohibited or restricted by law.
- Individuals. Individual Participants must enter the Challenge in their individual capacities.
- Teams. Individual Participants may elect to form a team (“Team”) of (X) to (X) members maximum. Each Team member must accept these Rules, by clicking a hyperlink through the Agorize interface. Sponsor may disqualify any Team (and all its members) in the case where any one member has not accepted or violates these Rules.
- Startups. Startup Participants enter the Contest on behalf of their legal business organizations. During the registration process, Startup Participant must designate one individual who is part of the company for contact purposes with the Sponsor. This person will be responsible for register the Startup at the Challenge and participate in the Challenge on behalf of the Startup. As a Startup participating in this Challenge, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that such person (i) is an authorized representative of Startup and is participating in the Challenge on behalf of such company, and (ii) has obtained all necessary approvals to enter the Challenge, including all persons qualified to grant any intellectual property rights to Sponsor. Any individual who is employed by a Startup may also submit its participation as an Individual Participant.
The goal of the Challenge is for Participants to submit contributions (or projects) meeting the requirements determined by the Sponsor in the Challenge brief, and that are formalized by deliverables. The brief includes information regarding various deadlines, details of the prizes, Sponsor requirements etc. (the “Brief”). The Brief is accessible through the Challenge website.
To be eligible, Deliverables must (i) address the specific issue set out in the Brief, (ii) be in a common digital format, such as, DOC, DOCX, PDF, PPT, PPTX, MPEG, MOV, MP4, and (iii) be in English, and in general terms must to comply with these Rules.
If a Deliverable cannot be downloaded, is not in the right format or is incompatible, illegible, or unintelligible, the Deliverable will be disqualified.
By submitting a Deliverable, Participants represent and warrant that:
- The Deliverable includes exclusively contributions from an Individual Participant, Team or Startup.
- Otherwise, if content from a third party has been used in the development of the Deliverable, all rights, authorizations and agreements necessary to submit the Deliverable and grant the rights mentioned herein have been obtained. The existence of uncredited third-party contributions in the Deliverable will result in the disqualification of the Deliverable and the related Participants;
- No other individual and/or entity is entitled to claim any rights from the use of the Deliverable; and
- The content of the Deliverable does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, privacy, competition law, confidentiality, or any contractual or extracontractual right. All deliverables suspected of any law(s) and/or any third party’s right will be ineligible.
Participants are responsible for and shall bear any costs or expenses associated with preparing and submitting Deliverables. Participants assume all risk of damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect or misdirected Deliverables.
- Application Phase. Deliverables will be accepted from 15 July 2019 at 00:00 HKT to 2 September 2019 at 23:59 HKT. At the end of this Phase, up to 8 winning Deliverables from International Track and 1 winning Deliverable from Greater China Track - Hong Kong / Macau / Taiwan will be selected to proceed to Final Round.
- Final Round. Participants are not required to upload a Deliverable on the Challenge website for this Final Round.
Deliverable. If a Participant does not upload a Deliverable on the Challenge website before the deadline, this will be considered as a withdrawal from the Challenge. The Participant may not join the Challenge, and may not obtain any compensation from the Sponsor.
Selection Criteria. Deliverables will be judged according to the Selection Criteria, described below. You agree and acknowledge that the Challenge relies on your creativity, capacity, ability, and ingenuity to solve difficult problems. The Challenge does not depend, even partially, on chance or luck, and therefore should not be considered as a lottery. Under no circumstances are factors such as appearance, religion, membership in a trade union, political opinions or sexual orientation considered.
Notification to Participants. Once selection has been completed, Participants will be notified by email, phone, or by other means, at Sponsor’s discretion, of the results of each Round. The Sponsor will be free to alter the dates on which results are released should this become necessary due to the number of projects to be assessed. The ranking decided by the final jury will be announced on the day that presentations are made and will identify the Participants that are finalists.
All Application Phase Deliverables must be received by Sponsor on or before 2 September 2019 at 23:59 HKT. Deliverables must meet the specifications set out in Section 6, above, and include:
A recommended 10-slide presentation of their Project produced in PDF format. Items can be outlined as follows:
- Problem statement
- Total Addressable Market
- Value proposition and market positioning
- Go-to-market strategy
- Revenue model
- Traction (if any): KPIs & milestones
- Forecast highlights 2019/20
- An introduction to the Participant based on the questionnaire to be filled in in their participation area, accessible through their user account.
- (Optional) A video demonstrating the Project with voice-over or subtitled commentary
While the Round One, voting will proceed as follow:
Criteria based voting
“Criteria based” voting will take place from 3 September 2019 at 00:00 HKT to 9 September 2019 at 23:59 HKT.
The voters (Sponsor members) (the “Voters”) may evaluate and select the Deliverables based on their content and the following criteria:
- Practicality (50%): How feasible is the solution to put into practice? Does the solution make sense financially? Will the solution be sustainable over the long term?
Originality (25%): How original is the solution in its use of new or existing technology to solve the problem described in the Brief? Are there other solutions available and if so, how does this differentiate from them?
- Relevancy (25%): Is the solution relevant for start-up success? If so, is it due to factors like: Economies of Scale? Network effects? Regulatory protection?
The 8 International Finalists (2 from each of the 4 regions) and 1 Finalist from Greater China Track - Hong Kong / Macau / Taiwan will get to proceed to the Final round.
2. Final Round
Participants who have been selected to participate in the Final Round will be directly notified by the Sponsor. In the event a Participant does not answer after the Sponsor has tried to contact him/her by email and by phone, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify this Participant. This disqualification shall not entitle the Participant to claim any kind of compensation from the Sponsor.
In the Final Round, all finalists are required to upload the Deliverable to the Challenge website before the final judging:
- A 5 to 10-min video pitch describing their Project and demonstration of their prototype.
At the end of the Final Round, the jury will choose the winning projects and will rank the finalists.
- The Deliverables comply with Section 6 (“Deliverables”);
- Each Participant of a winning project, complies with Sections 9 and 11;
- It can be proven that the winning Participants fulfil the conditions of eligibility of Section 4.
No prize will be awarded to winners who do not fulfill the above.
The 8 International Finalists will receive the following:
- Top Winner of US$250,000 investment term sheet from Leading Investor HKX, Return Flight & Accommodation Allowance of US$2,500, Complementary Study Tour in Hong Kong, RMB10,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits, and Landing Support in Hong Kong of up to US$30,000
- 1st Runner-Up Prize of Return Flight & Accommodation Allowance of US$2,500, Complementary Study Tour in Hong Kong, RMB10,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits, and Landing Support in Hong Kong of up to US$25,000
- 2nd Runner-Up Prize of Return Flight & Accommodation Allowance of US$2,500, Complementary Study Tour in Hong Kong, RMB10,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits, and Landing Support in Hong Kong of up to US$25,000
- 4th to 8th Placed Finalists Prize of Return Flight & Accommodation Allowance of US$2,500, Complementary Study Tour in Hong Kong, RMB10,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits, and Landing Support in Hong Kong of up to US$20,000
The 3 Finalists of Greater China Track - Hong Kong / Macau / Taiwan will receive the following:
- Top Winner of Chance to Compete in the Final Competition, One-on-one coaching from PwC financial counselor, Green channel to CYZONE's acceleration camp, RMB10,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits, and Media Coverage
- 1st Runner-Up Prize of RMB10,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits
- 2nd Runner-Up Prize of RMB10,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits
The 9 Finalists of Greater China Track will receive the following:
- Top Winner of RMB200,000 Cash and RMB100,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits
- 1st Runner-Up Prize of RMB100,000 Cash and RMB50,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits
- 2nd Runner-Up Prize of RMB50,000 Cash and RMB50,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits
- 4th to 8th Placed Finalists Prize (Star of Tomorrow) of RMB20,000 Cash and RMB10,000 of Tencent Cloud Credits
Each member of a Participant Team will receive its own prize.
No assignment or transfer of prizes is allowed by a winner. If a potential winner cannot be reached, is unable to accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes after being awarded to winners. Winners will accept the prize “as it is”. Sponsor disclaims any warranty regarding the Prizes.
In the event a Participant (a winner) cannot be reached, by email or by phone, for more than three (3) months after the first attempt to reach them was made, he/she will be deemed as having waived their right to claim the prize and will not be entitled to any prize or any kind of compensation.
If the prize as initially planned is unavailable, Sponsor will be free to substitute another prize of similar value. Any such decision is at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Any Participant who does not fulfil the conditions of Participation as provided in the Rules during their registration and/or at any time during the Challenge will be summarily disqualified from the Challenge without prior notice and will not be entitled to any prize. In the event that a prize is awarded to a Participant who does not meet the conditions of Participation when registering or throughout the duration of the Challenge, Sponsor reserves the right to require the Participant to return the awarded prize.
In particular, you consent the using, by Sponsor, of your name and surname, your city and region of residence, the name of the institution in which you studied or in which you obtained your diplomas and other biographical information, your image , the information regarding the Prize (if you are a winner), the name of your company and its distinctive signs (if you are a Startup) and any other personal data that you submit with your Deliverables as well as the content of your Deliverables relating to the Challenge.
As an example, each Participant authorizes the Sponsor using the photographs taken during the Final to disseminate them via any communication medium.
Such use does not entitle the winner to any other payment than the Prize he/she received. The Sponsor agrees to cease using of the aforementioned elements in connection with the Participant at the end of the aforementioned period.
If you are a prize winner, Sponsor may request that you execute a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement for the purpose of entering into negotiations regarding the further development of your project, as described in your Deliverable. Such confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement will be directed to your Deliverable and all intellectual property that it may contain.
Furthermore, Participants acknowledge that Sponsor may currently or in the future be developing information internally, or receiving information from other parties, that is similar to the information contained in any of the projects. Accordingly, nothing herein shall prohibit Sponsor from independently acquiring, developing, or having developed for it, products, concepts, systems, services, or techniques that are similar to or compete with the products, concepts, systems or techniques contemplated by or embodied in any Deliverable.
The Participants recognize that other Participants, individuals or entities may have provided Sponsor or others, or made public, or may in the future submit, or make public, content that is the same or similar to any piece of information contained in any of the projects. Hence, the Participants acknowledge, agree and accept that Sponsor shall have the right to use such same or similar materials, and that the Participants will not be entitled to any compensation arising from Sponsor’s use of such materials.
- "Intellectual Property Rights" refers to any copyright or other rights over a brand, a design or a model, a patent and, more generally, any element, (including trade secrets and know how), that may be protected by national and/or international laws or conventions on intellectual property (“Intellectual Property Rights”)
- “Previous Rights” refer to any Intellectual Property Rights and/or any associated know-how held by the Participants before the start date of the Challenge (“Previous Rights”)
- “Creations” refer to any software (including source and object code software), database, technical specifications, text, design, model, information, knowledge, method, process or product, as well as any resulting elements and/or processes likely or otherwise to be protected according to national and/or international laws or conventions on intellectual property developed by any Participant as a part of any submitted deliverable throughout the Challenge (“Creations”).
Warranty of non-infringement. When submitting any Deliverable, at any stage of the Challenge, each Participant guarantees to Sponsor that he/she is the co/owner and/or co/holder of the Intellectual Property Rights regarding all or part of the Creations contained in the Deliverables submitted at any stage of the Challenge, and that he/she has obtained all rights and permissions regarding all pre-existing Creations and any elements of the Deliverables for which he/she does not hold the relevant rights.
Each Participant guarantees (i) that his/her contribution is original and unprecedented; (ii) that it do not infringe upon the copyright or any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party; (iii) that all the elements of which his/her submissions are formed, as well as all pieces of contributions and information communicated in the submission presentation documents are accurate, reliable and complete; and (iv) that the submission of the relevant Deliverables does not constitute an act of unfair competition of any kind.
It is compulsory for Participants to indicate the source of any pre-existing Creations of whichever nature and on whichever support that are included in any submitted deliverable. Any Deliverable involving several Participants constitutes a collaborative work and it should be treated as such in accordance with the applicable regulation in force.
Liability. Sponsor cannot be held liable for any infringement of the above provisions by Participants. Each Participant shall indemnify Sponsor against any disturbance, action, claim, opposition and demand or eviction attempt from any third party in connection with any Creation in the Deliverables (Intellectual Property Rights included).
Participant owner of Intellectual Property rights. By submitting a Deliverable and participating in this Challenge, you are not granting Sponsor any rights to any intellectual property supporting all of part of the Deliverable and Sponsor makes no claim to ownership of your Deliverable or any intellectual property that it may contain.
Update of the Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Rules at any time, including the Challenge duration in case of operational imperatives, without prior notice to Participants regarding the enforcement or the validity of these amendments. Participants are encouraged to consult these Rules regularly. Participants expressly waive all claims or disputes related to any amendment to these Rules by the Sponsor.
Should any paragraph of these Rules be declared or judged illegal, unenforceable or void by a court decision, the paragraph in question will be considered null and void, but all other unaffected paragraphs will be enforced within the limits of the law.
Challenge Cancellation or Suspension. The Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion, to (i) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge and these Rules, for any reason, at any time and without any liability, and (ii) to limit or restrict participation in the Challenge. The Sponsor will not be held liable for the modification, cancellation or suspension of the Challenge and no compensation or remuneration will be due to the Participants.
Participants agree that company, its affiliates and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents (“released parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be released and held harmless by participants for any claims, liabilities, or causes of action of any kind or nature for any injury, loss or damages of any kind including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages to persons, including without limitation disability or death. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the challenge website and in connection with the challenge is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, in which case such limitation or exclusion shall apply only to the extent permitted by the law in the relevant jurisdiction.
Participation in the Challenge implies acknowledgement and acceptance of the characteristics, limits and risks of the internet and related technologies, particularly with regards to performance, response time, security of software and computer equipment against various potential attacks, such as viruses, logic bombs or Trojans, and loss or misuse of data. As a result, the Sponsor will not be held liable in any way for any damage incurred by Participants arising from these characteristics, limits and risks, which Participants accept by registering and taking part in the Challenge.
The Sponsor will not in any case be held liable for damages resulting from faults with or delays in the submission of deliverables by Participants, including refusal to accept these deliverables as a consequence of their submission outside the deadlines set out in the Rules, from faults with or delays to the sending of any emails by the Participant sent as part of the Challenge, or from any alterations made to the deliverables independently of the Sponsor.
The Sponsor will not in any case be held liable for damages resulting from services provide by a third-party relating to the prizes.
The Sponsor will not be held liable for the consequences of a Participant’s disqualification from the Challenge as a result of their violation of these Rules.
Participant’s personal data is subject to processing within the meaning of the regulations on the protection of personal data (The EU 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation and the Council of 27 April 2016, known as GDPR) for which the Sponsor defines the purposes and means and is, as such, “Data controller” within the meaning of the GDPR.
The purposes of the processing are:
- To meet the organization of the challenge needs
- To organize the intermediation between the Participant and the Sponsor, to ensure identification, communication and preservation of the exchanges with the Participant
In accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, the Sponsor undertakes to implement organizational and technical security measures in order to protect all Participant’s Personal Data. The Sponsor undertakes to allow the exercise of their rights from GDPR.
In case of persistent litigation beyond a period of fifteen (15) days after the Participant has filed a claim, the Sponsor and the Participant undertake to submit their dispute to an amicable conciliation prior to any legal proceedings. The party wishing to initiate conciliation shall inform the other party by means of a registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt in which it will inform of its intentions and will explain the cause. If no agreement is reached between the parties within thirty (30) days after receipt of the registered letter, the parties regain their freedom of action.
In case of persistent disagreement on the application or interpretation of the Rules, and in the absence of an amicable settlement, any dispute that may arise between the parties, will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Hong Kong courts to which the parties expressly grant jurisdiction, even in the case of multiple defendants, in summary proceedings, appeal by guarantee or by motion. or any other jurisdiction.