Le Village By CA Nord de France
Challenge étudiant européen : innover autour de la protéine végétale au service de l’alimentation humaine
« INNOVATE TO DEVELOP PEOPLE DEMAND FOR PLANT-BASED PROTEINS PRODUCTS »
La Caisse Régionale de Crédit Agricole Nord de France,
Having its registered office at 10, Avenue FOCH - BP 369 - 59020 LILLE CEDEX
Registered with the companies' register of Lille Métropole
Under number 440 676 559
Hereafter referred to as « Village by CA North of France » or « Village by CA »
has decided to give to
Agorize, SAS with a capital of €71 146, registered under the number 530 774 439 at the Commercial and Companies Register of Paris, and has its registered office at 34 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine 75012 PARIS,
(Hereinafter designated as “The Organizing Company”)
(Village by CA Nord de France and The Organizing Company together hereinafter designated as “the Organizers”)
The organization of the challenge « INNOVATE TO DEVELOP PEOPLE DEMAND FOR PLANT-BASED PROTEINS PRODUCTS » which will be scheduled from September 7th 2017 to Mars 24th 2018 through the website of the organizing company www.agorize.com or directly on the following address https://www.agorize.com/village-by-ca-nord-de-france-etudiants and the execution of some of its obligations defined hereinafter.
(hereafter designated as “The Challenge”)
ARTICLE 1 – DEFINITIONS
“Brief”: refers to the specifications issued by Village by CA North of France. This document contains information such as the deadline, details of the grant, Village by CA North of France’s requirements, the legal provisions, etc. This brief is searchable online http://www.agorize.com/
“Challenge”: designates the Challenge, subject to the regulations organized by the Organizing Company and Village by CA North of France.
“Thinking”: designates one of the two approaches of this Challenge describes in Article 3.8.a.
“Cooking”: designates one of the two approaches of this Challenge describes in Article 3.8.b.
“Village by CA Partners”: designates Eurasanté and NSL, Bonduelle, Sodexo, Université Catholique de Lille or Groupe Rossel-La Voix Media, IAR, Crédit Agricole Nord de France.
“Partner Company: designates Village by CA North of France.
“Participant”: designates every single person registered according to Article 4 of the regulations and participating in the Challenge.
“Team”: designates the teams formed on the website www.agorize.com
“Final Jury”: designates the jury mentioned in Article 11.8 in charge of the selected teams’ rankings.
“Winners”: designates the participants of the teams which have access to the final step of the Challenge ranked by the final jury
“Application”: designates the Application phase describes in Articles 7 and 11.
“Preselection”: designates the Pre-selection phase describes in Articles 8 and 11.
“Selection”: designates the Selection phase describes in Articles 9 and 11.
“Selection process”: designates the selection steps for each phase of the Challenge describes in Article 11.
“Registration”: designates the Registration of a participant in the Challenge according to Article 14.
“Recommendation” means the full set of deliverables for any step of the challenge describing the team’s innovative idea or recipe.
“Deliverables”: designates the Deliverable described in Article 7 and 8.
“Nomination”: refers to the designation among the selected teams by the Final Jury at the end of the final step.
“Personal data”: designates data defined in Article 18 of the regulations.
“Prize”: designates the Endowments specifically mentioned in Article 12 and delivered to the selected teams at the end of the Challenge.
“Regulations”: designates the present regulations, which are applicable to the challenge.
ARTICLE 2 – PURPOSE OF REGULATIONS
2.1. Regulations are intended to define, according to article L. 121-15-2 of the French Code de la Consommation, terms and rules of participation in the Challenge organized by the Partner Company in association with the Organizing Company. Regulations are destined to complete the rules of the challenge of the Organizing Company, which can be downloaded through the following link: <https://www.agorize.com/en/terms> In the event of inconsistency between these terms and regulations and those of the CRTC, Regulations will prevail.
2.2. The participant recognizes to be informed and accepts that the Challenge in question appeals to his ability of conviction and to the quality of his Deliverables. Under no circumstances shall decisions be made at random or chance and the Challenge shall not be related to a lottery.
ARTICLE 3 – PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE
3.1. Participation in this Challenge is free and without purchase obligation and can be subject to a reimbursement of participating costs in the conditions specified in Article 15.
3.2. The Participant must read these rules. By participating in the Challenge, the Participant unconditionally and irrevocably accepts and agrees to be bound by all these terms and conditions as stated herein at all times without any exception whatsoever.
In the event of inconsistency between these terms and conditions and those on Agorize.com, these Challenge Terms and Conditions will prevail.
3.3. Participants allowed:
Any adult citizen of the European Union, who either:
is currently enrolled in the European Union in an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate program;
Or any adult who is living in European Union and currently enrolled in the European Union in an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate program;
3.4. Employees and representatives the Partner Company and of Village by CA Partners and/or the members of their families (parents, children, spouses) cannot participate in the Challenge. Employees and representatives of the Organizing Company and/or the members of their families (parents, children, spouses) cannot participate in the Challenge.
3.5. The Participant shall certify to abide by the terms aforementioned. The delivery of the Endowment will be conditional upon the presentation by the winner of the challenge of an identity card proving his age during the Registration to the challenge and a student card from less than two years from the beginning of the school year at the date of the inscription (2016-2017).
3.6. There is only one entry per person in the Challenge.
3.7. Participants must form teams from two (2) to four (4) members.
3.8. Participants must choose as approach for the Challenge between “Thinking” and “Cooking” plant-based proteins.
3.8.a Thinking for those who want to develop an idea or concept around using plant based proteins in human food.
3.8.b Cooking for those who want to develop a recipe using plant based proteins in human food.
3.9. Any Participant who doesn’t abide by the terms of this present article during his/her Registration and at any time during the challenge will be automatically and without previous notification, disqualified from the Challenge and shall not be awarded any Endowments. In the case where an Endowment would have been awarded to a Participant who doesn’t comply with the terms of participation during his/her Registration or during the challenge, the Organizers have the right to demand the return of the endowment received.
ARTICLE 4 – REGISTRATION AND ACCESS TO THE CHALLENGE
4.1. For his/her Registration to the Challenge, the Participant must open a user account on the website www.agorize.com and must indicate the following:
- Last name;
- First name;
- an email address;
- a password.
To validate this Registration to the Challenge, the Participant must also accept the Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions provided by the Organizing Company.
A confirmation email containing an activation link is sent to the Participant’s listed email address.
Once the account is activated, the Participant must provide the information listed below:
- Date of Birth;
- Phone number;
Other information can be freely completed on the Participant’s profile in the account settings.
Once his/her account is activated, the Participant is able to register to the challenge by applying to join an existing team or by creating his/her own team.
To end their Registration in the challenge, the Participant must opt-in on the box indicating that he/she accepts the Challenge Regulations.
4.2. Any Registration containing wrong or incomplete information shall not be taken into account and shall disqualify the Participant.
4.3. By registering, the Participant accepts to be contacted through emails sent by Organizers during his/her participation in the Challenge. He/she also accepts to be contacted by phone, if he/she is part of the preselected participants or the Winners.
4.4. The use of a computer is needed to access the challenge with the material configuration and device hereinafter:
- Processor 1 Ghz or higher with 1 Go RAM or higher;
- A 1024x768 pixels screen definition with 65 536 colors;
- Operating system: Windows XP and Vista;
- Version Flash Player 9.045, except any specified case which will be informed to the Participant on the homepage of the Challenge;
- The sound card is recommended but is not necessary for the participation in the Challenge.
4.5. The Challenge is available 24 hours a day on the website www.agorize.com published by the Organizing Company with the link https://www.agorize.com/village-by-ca-nord-de-france-etudiants subject to possible maintenance operations on servers of www.agorize.com or dysfunctions such as those mentioned in Article 16.
ARTICLE 5 – DURATION OF THE CHALLENGE
5.1. The participation in the challenge is scheduled from 7th September, 2017 at 9:00am to 24th March, 2018 at 06:00pm (“Challenge Period”).
5.2. Every date clearly defined in these rules and the challenge is in the Paris time zone (GMT +1).
5.3. Village by CA may, in its absolute discretion, curtail or extend the Challenge Period, as it may deem necessary without any liability whatsoever.
ARTICLE 6 – GUIDELINES
6.1.a. The Challenge is divided into 2 approaches: Thinking and Cooking defined in article 1.The two approaches fellow same steps.
6.1.b The Challenge is divided into 3 steps : Application, Preselection and Selection.
The Challenge consists for each team to make Recommendations formed by Three (3) successive Deliverables in accordance with the requirements listed in Article 7, 8 and 9, during the three steps of Application, Preselection and Selection.
All submissions by the Participants are to be made in English or French language. Further, all communications between the Organizers and the Participants, including the interviews will be conducted in English or French language.
6.2. Those Deliverables must respect the Challenge rules described in the tab “Brief” on the challenge page at the website https://www.agorize.com/village-by-ca-nord-de-france-etudiants
6.3. Each Recommendation is exclusively composed of three Deliverables:
- The Application Deliverable mentioned in Article 7 subjected to the terms of this disposition;
- The Preselection Deliverable mentioned in Article 8 for the preselected teams by the jury at the end of the Application step.
- The Selection Deliverable mentioned in Article 9 for the teams selected by the jury at the end of the Preselection step.
The Organizers will not accept and will not take into account any other documents submitted by the Participants.
6.4 The Organizers shall publish the dates for each step to be completed by the Participants on https://www.agorize.com/village-by-ca-nord-de-france-etudiants and the Participants shall be required to regularly check for updates to ensure timely submissions. The Organizers will be under no obligation to personally inform each Participant of the dates to submit the required information/ documents for each Round. Failure to complete a step by the required date as published by the Organizers, will lead to disqualification and the Organizers shall have no liability towards the Participants in such cases. The decision of the Organizers shall be final.
ARTICLE 7 –APPLICATION STEP GUIDELINES
7.1. The Application step is scheduled from September 7th 2017 at 8:00am November 19th, 2017 at 11:59pm.
7.2. During this period and until November 19th, 2017 at 11:59pm, the Teams will have to send by Upload in their online space, their Application Deliverable, which is composed for both Thinking and Cooking of:
- A 2min video about their project
- A text (maximum 300 words) to present their idea/concept/recipe with 5 keywords from the “keywords list” in 7.5
7.3 The selection of the Projects will be realized on the basis of this Application Deliverable, in accordance with Article 11.
7.4. The Participants’ teams need to imagine and formulate an idea/concept/or recipe TO DEVELOP PEOPLE DEMAND FOR PLANT-BASED PROTEINS PRODUCTS.
7.5. List of key word to be used for the application deliverables:
Retail / Social business / Community Management / B to B / B to C / Family / Silver economy /Collaborative / Business / Citizenship / Culture / Belief / Behaviour / Ethics / Food security / Ecological Footprint / Healthy / Education / Ecology/ Biodiversity / Agro-ecology / Urban Farming / Algae / Local product / Seed / Traditional / Crops / Microorganisms / Coproduct / Taste / Digestibility / Recipe/ Menu / Cooking / Nutrition / Essential amino acids / Meat substitute / Fish substitute / Easy to Use / Satiety / Process / Texture / Quality.
ARTICLE 8 – PRESELECTION STEP GUIDELINES
8.1. The Preselection step differs between the two approaches.
- For Thinking: Preselection step period ranges from November 23th 2017 at 8:00pm to January 7th 2018 at 11:59pm.
- For Cooking: Preselection step period ranges from November 23th 2017 at 8:00pm to December 7th 2018 at 02:00pm.
8.2. Only the teams selected at the end of the Application step are allowed to participate to the Preselection step.
8.3. These teams should send
- For Thinking before January 7th, 2018 at 11:59pm, by uploading on the platform their Preselection deliverable composed of:
- A Business Model explaining clearly the idea /concept
- A promotional Poster
- For Cooking before December 7th at 02:00pm, by uploading on the platform their Preselection deliverable composed of:
- A detailed document explaining clearly and fully the recipe (ingredients, way of cooking…)
- A picture of the completed dish corresponding to proposed recipe.
ARTICLE 9 – SELECTION GUIDELINES
9.1. Only Teams selected at the end of the Preselection step are allowed to participate to the Selection in accordance with Article 11.
9.2. This Selection step consists in having the team’s idea/concept/recipe challenged by their coach/mentor (provided by Village by CA) in order to finalize their pitch in front of the Final jury on 24th March:
- For Thinking: a 10min pitch with a support of maximum 8 slides.
- For Cooking: a 3h cooking show in front of final jury.
9.3. The selected Teams, up to twelve (12) for Thinking and up to four (4) for Cooking, participating in the final step will be ranked:
- For Thinking: on the basis of the oral presentation, in accordance with Article 11.
- For Cooking: on the basis of the live execution of the recipe, in accordance with Article 11.
Village by CA might shoot an institutional movie and photographs of the final ceremony; the selected Teams agree to take part in this movie and photographs and authorize Village by CA to make a promotional use of such movie and pictures during a two-years period.
ARTICLE 10 – THE DELIVERABLES CHARACTERISTICS
10.1. Deliverables must comply with the rules and the directives set by the Partner Company found under the tab “Brief” on the page of the Challenge at the website https://www.agorize.com/village-by-ca-nord-de-france-etudiants
10.2. These deliverables must be sent in a common digital format such as: DOC/DOCX/PDF/PPT/PPTX/KEY/ODT/MP3/MPEG/MOV/MP4 and must be written in English or French.
10.3. In case of difficulties or failures to read the Deliverable, Participants of the concerned Team have the responsibility to rectify before the Deliverable deposit end date of the current step and in a maximum three (3)-day delay as from this date. If the delay is passed, the Team in question will be disqualified from the Challenge.
10.4. Each Participant warrants that the content of the Recommendation does not violate laws and regulations, including those relating to infringement, defamation, decency or privacy.
10.5 Regarding Cooking, technical conditions of the Final selection will be communicated to the Selected teams prior to the Final event.
ARTICLE 11 – SELECTION PROCESS
11.1. The challenge is divided in three selection process steps:
- After the Application step: from 20th November to 22th November 2017.
- After Preselection step: for Thinking from 7th to 17th January 2018 and for Cooking on December 11st by live video.
- After Selection step: on March 24th 2018.
11.2. Notwithstanding provisions of article 7 and 8, each of these Selection process steps is based on the additional criteria of:
- Framing and consistency with the theme of the challenge.
And also for Cooking: aspect, taste, presentation.
Teams can gain a bonus in two ways:
Bonus 1 - Virality: teams are strongly invited to create a community around their idea in posting it on one or several social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. The teams obtaining the largest number of Likes will gain the bonus.
Bonus 2 - Multi-disciplinary or international team: create a team made up of people from different disciplines or nationalities to gain the bonus.
There are two possible bonuses, teams are allowed to cumulate them.
For selection purpose, each bonus will weight as a fulfilled criteria.
Under no circumstances are taken into account factors relating to the person's appearance, religious or trade union, political opinions or sexual orientation of the participants. The selections will not result in any way, whether directly or indirectly, by chance or luck.
11.3. Application step: a Preselection jury composed of members selected by Village by CA among employees of Village by CA Partners, having the necessary qualifications to make the pre-selection, will be responsible for selecting up to sixty (60) Teams for Thinking and up to twenty (20) Teams for Cooking among Deliverables submitted for the Application step. The number of teams preselected is at the sole discretion of the pre-selection jury which decision is final and cannot be opposed by applicants.
11.4.Preselection step: a Selection jury composed of members selected by Village by CA among employees of Village by CA Partners, having the necessary qualifications to make the selection, will be responsible for selecting up to twelve (12) Teams for Thinking and up to four (4) Teams for Cooking among Deliverables submitted for the Selection step.
11.5. The Organizing Company shall provide all participants with the Application step results at the latest on November 23th, 2017 through an e-mail sent to the address provided when creating a user account on the site www.agorize.com and also by a notification sent to their account at www.agorize.com.
11.6. Each Preselected Participant must respond to the email sent by the Organizing Company announcing the selection of the team before the deadline specified in the message. Otherwise, the Organizers reserve the right to disqualify the defaulting Participant’s Team.
11.7. The Organizing Company shall provide all participants with the Preselection step results at the latest on January 18th, 2018 through an e-mail sent to the address provided when creating a user account on the site www.agorize.com and also by a notification sent to their account at www.agorize.com.
Each selected participant will have to respond to the email sent by the Organizing Company announcing the selection of the team before the deadline specified in this message. Otherwise, the Organizers reserve the right to disqualify the defaulting Participant’s Team.
11.8. The Selected teams will be invited to take part in the Selection step. A Final Jury, composed of members selected by Village by CA among employees of Village by CA Partners will rank and nominate the winners based on the oral presentation of their innovation idea (Thinking) or based on the recipe execution (Cooking).
This final of pitch or recipe execution will be held on March 24th 2018 in Lille, France.
- Each of the Selected team shall prepare a PowerPoint or equivalent Presentation describing his/her proposal and upload it on the Website before March 15th 2018 (by 11:59PM CET) or such other date as specified by the Organizers.
- The Selected teams will undergo a face to face oral presentation or a live cooking session with the Final jury.
iii. The Selected teams will be informed via email or phone call, of the confirmed date and travel details for the Final Event. The Selected teams will need to confirm attendance to The Final Event within 48 Hours of the invitation received.
- Unless due to any unforeseeable event that is beyond the reasonable control of the Selected teams which has been notified to the Organizers as soon as reasonably practicable, if a Selected team fails to reach the venue to the final event on the date and time specified by the Organizers, despite providing confirmation to the Organizers, his/her participation will be forfeited in entirety or may be passed on to the next Participant at the sole discretion of Village by CA.
- The Organizers shall not be liable for any cancellations and/or delays in the train/flights/cars arranged for the Selected teams due to any reason beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to force majeure, logistical problems at the airports/railway stations/roads etc. and Selected teams shall not have any claim against Organizers for the same. Organizers shall not be responsible for any such eventuality and Selected teams undertake not to claim any compensation from Organizers.
ARTICLE 12 – ENDOWMENTS
12.1. Prizes referred to this Article are the counterparts of:
- The delivery of an Application, Preselection and Selection Deliverable which quality has been recognized by the different Juries.
- Acceptance and respect of Article 13 on Intellectual Property for each Winner;
- Acceptance and respect for each Winner of Article 14 on use of winners’ information;
No Prize can be delivered to the winners if they do not meet these three conditions.
12.2. Any award of a Prize at the end of the challenge is subject to, and is performed only when subjected to:
- The full respect of the rules set out in Regulations;
- The presentation by each winner of an identity card proving their majority at the time of registering to the Challenge, and a student card from less than three years from the beginning of the school year at the date of the inscription (2017-2018).
12.3. Only the six (6) best ranked teams for the Thinking plant-based proteins challenge and two (2) best ranked teams for the Cooking plant-based proteins challenge selected by the Final Jury will receive a Prize.
12.5. Every Participant recognizes and accepts that the Prize cannot give rise to no contesting of any kind, to a request of delivery neither of their monetary exchange value, nor to their replacement or exchange for another Prize whatever the reason is. The Prize is not transferable and the Participants are informed that the sale or the exchange of the Prize is forbidden.
12.6. In case of unavailability of a Prize, the Partner Company will be free to substitute a prize of a similar value, of the same brand or of a different brand, or its exchange value in cash for the discretion of the Partner Company.
12.7. Every Participant recognizes and accepts that the Partner Company will not be held responsible, in any case, for the dysfunction of the Prize or for any harmful consequence undergone by the Winner or any third party because of the Prize. It is stated that the Company will not provide any partner warranty service or assistance.
12.8. Every Participant recognizes and accepts that the Partner Company is only committed to the delivery of the Prize awarded to the Winners. As a consequence, all the extra costs relative to these Prizes or the overheads linked to the accession to ownership of these Prizes will stay, unless otherwise stipulated of the Regulations, chargeable to the Winners. Neither coverage nor refund will be owed as such.
12.9. Winners will be informed by email of their award sent by the Partner Company to the address communicated for their inscription of their account on www.agorize.com by 15 days maximum following the day where the final ranking is made by the jury. The participant commits himself to respect directives indicated in the email. In the case where a winner did not succeed to take his prize, for independent reason from Partner Company, in a delay of 2 months from the reception of this email, the Partner Company has the right to declare this award not attributed to this winner.
12.10. Winners will be awarded with the following prizes, according to their ranking; with the precision that team n°1 is better than team n°6.
The Selected teams will see awarding the following Prizes:
* 1st price:
(i) Meet with selected Village by CA Partners top managers of the Challenge; (ii) taste Parisian life the time of a weekend in Paris (transport and accommodation included), with a Diner at famous Lenôtre Restaurant with welcome of the chef and immersion in the kitchens; (iii) Check with a value of 1000€ for the winning team
* 2d price: (i) Meet with selected Village by CA Partners top managers of the Challenge; (ii) check with a value of 500€ for the winning team
* 3rd price: (i) Meet with selected Village by CA Partners top managers of the Challenge, (ii) check with a value of 400€ for the winning team
* 4th price: (i) Meet with selected Village by CA Partners top managers of the Challenge; (ii) check with a value of 350€ for the winning team
* 5th price: (i) Meet with selected Village by CA Partners top managers of the Challenge; (ii) check with a value of 300€ for the winning team
* 6th price: (i) Meet with selected Village by CA Partners top managers of the Challenge; (ii) check with a value of 250€ for the winning team
* 1st price : (i) Meet with selected Village by CA Partners top managers of the Challenge; (ii) taste Parisian life the time of a weekend in Paris (transport and accommodation included), with a Diner at famous Lenôtre Restaurant with welcome of the chef and immersion in the kitchens; (iii) Check with a value of 1000€ for the winning team
* 2d price: (i) Meet with selected Village by CA Partners top managers of the Challenge; (ii) check with a value of 500€ for the winning team
ARTICLE 13 – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The term "intellectual property rights" refers to any Invention, any copyright or other rights over a brand or model and, more broadly, any element that may be protected by international laws or conventions on intellectual property.
13.2 Any and all brand, logo, or any other Company-related element is the sole property of the Company. Taking part in the Challenge constitutes in no way a right of use on these intellectual property elements.
13.3 Any Deliverable involving several Participants constitutes a collaborative work, according to the article L 113-2 and following of the Intellectual Property Code. The Participant testifies he/she indeed is co-author and co-owner of all intellectual property rights attached to every Deliverable submitted for the Challenge by the team the Participant is part of, and owns all Deliverable-related rights, including the intellectual property rights.
13.4 The Deliverables are confidential. Each Participant agrees that he/she shall divulge none of it to any third party and that he/she will graciously neither reuse nor modify, publish, communicate, cede or exploit any part of the Recommendation and/or Deliverable without the Partner Company’s written agreement beforehand.
13.5 Consequently, each Participant cedes the Partner Company the exclusive right to file any industrial property title in his/her name protecting the Deliverables, including any patent, licence, franchise, registered trademark, protection certificate, vegetal certificate, semiconductor topography, any filing of a drawing or a model, a brand or a domain name, whether it be in France, the European Union or across the world.
The Partner Company shall be sole beneficiary of all rights attached to the industrial property rights that might incur, and shall dispose of them freely.
Were the Deliverables protected, in part or in whole, by author’s rights, and in accordance with the Intellectual Property Code, ceded rights include all authors’ right-related patrimonial rights, namely:
- The right to adapt, modify and transform, in part or in whole, the Deliverables;
- The right to correct and adapt softwares, create new versions or builds, maintain, decompile, mix, modify, assemble, transcript, arrange, digitalize, port onto any configuration, interface with any software, database, IT product, use algorithms to any end, transcript it in part or in whole, under any shape or form, modified, condensed, extended, to integrate it in part or in whole into existing or future works, and to do so on any paper, magnetic or optic material, including internet, disc, tape, CD, listing ;
- The right to reproduce or get the Deliverables reproduced, without limitations of number, in part or in whole, by any means, on any material, present and future, known or unknown (including paper, magnetic, electronic, digital, etc.) ;
- The right to represent or get the Deliverables represented, any new version or adaptation of those Deliverables, by any means of diffusion and communication, present and future, known or unknown, (including telecommunications network, television, telephone, satellite, cable, etc.) and in particular on websites (YouTube, etc.), social networks, brand communication operations, etc. ;
- The right to make evolve, adapt, modify or make modified, correct or make corrected, in part or in whole, the Deliverables;
- The right to translate or get the Deliverables translated, in part on in whole, in any language, and to reproduce the awards ceremony movie on all material, present or future, known or unknown, (including paper, magnetic, electronic and digital) ;
- The right to put on the market, distribute, commercialize and diffuse the Deliverables, by any means, graciously or not;
- The right to use and exploit the Deliverables in any way, shape or form, for its own activities or any third party, graciously or not;
- The right to allow or forbid any reuse and/or substantial extraction of the databases’ content.
This cession is consented to for the legal duration of those rights, internationally, without limit of destination, for all uses known and future, on any material. The Winner also states not to wish to make use of any moral right he/she might have on these Deliverables, or on his/her Deliverables’ authorship.
The Participant agrees that the cession’s price is included within the Prize’s worth he/she is given, and cannot ask for any additional sum for any reason. Moreover, the Participant testifies to the Partner Company that he/she hasn’t filed any kind of patent or copyright for his/her Deliverables and will not in the future.
The Participant guarantees the Results do not constitute a counterfeit, and that the cession does not infringe upon any third party’s rights, whatever they might be. The Participant guarantees the Company and its affiliates, along with the Organizing Company, against any action or claim from any person invoking an intellectual or industrial property right, or any other act this cession might infringe upon.
ARTICLE 14 – USE OF WINNERS INFORMATION
14.1. Every Participant authorizes the Partner Company, in the hypothesis where he would be appointed Winner of the Challenge to use his family name, his first name, his alias used for the Challenge, his twitter address, his city and his region of residence, the name of his school or former school and, when necessary, his photograph, in any promotional demonstration (except purchase advertising space), on the web sites of the Organizing Company and the Partner Company and any site or affiliated support, without that this use can legally give rise to any remuneration other than the awarded Prize during 2 years maximum.
ARTICLE 15 – REIMBURSEMENT OF PARTICIPATING COSTS
15.1. The Participants can obtain the refund of postage incurred in the claim of reimbursement and/or any written application for the settlement (based on the going rate – slow rate 20g).
In case any travel is required for the purpose of the Final Event, the Organizers shall bear all reasonable costs associated with travelling from the place of residence of up to two members of the Finalists teams, boarding, hostel and food at the venue finalized by the Organizers. All other expenses not expressly included above will not be borne by the Organizers or any other agency on Organizer’s behalf, and will be the sole responsibility of the respective members of the Finalist teams, unless expressly agreed in writing by Village by CA at least 72 hours before the Final Event starting date.
15.2. All requests for refund by the participant must be sent in writing before March 24th, 2018 (date as postmark), to the following address:
Village by CA Nord de France
165 avenue de Bretagne
Request cannot be done by telephone or by e-mail.
15.3. The request of repayment will necessarily have to, at the risk of refusal, contain the following elements:
- Full contact details of the Participant (name, first name, address, zip code, city, Agorize login and e-mail);
- Bank details or account details;
- Where necessary, the precise request of communication of Regulations and repayment of the stamp used in the aforementioned price rate.
15.4. Any request of repayment over the deadline, incomplete or inaccurate will be refused.
15.5. Only one reimbursement per person (same name – same address) will be accepted.
15.6. The reimbursement will be processed through a bank transfer on the account indicated during the request after the check of the legitimacy of the request and in a deadline the Organizers of which have the whole discretion.
ARTICLE 16 – RESPONSIBILITY
16.1. The responsibility of the Organizing Company and the Partner Company cannot be engaged in case of breakdown or dysfunction of the used telecommunications network, whatever the cause is, which would especially have the effect of damaging or preventing the identification or the access of the Participant on the www.agorize.com site or any other useful web site for the participation in the Challenge.
16.2. The participation in the Challenge implies knowledge and acceptance of the characteristics, limitations and risks of the internet network and the technologies which are linked to it, particularly in consideration of the performances, in response time, in the security of the software and the computer hardware towards diverse potential attacks such as virus, logic bomb or Trojan horse and in the loss or in diversion of data. As a consequence, the Organizers cannot be held responsible, in any case for the damages caused to the Participant because of these accepted characteristics, limitations and risks.
16.3. The Organizers cannot, in any case, be held responsible for the damage caused by the defect or the delay of delivery of the Deliverables especially for the refusal of consideration of these Deliverables because of a submission over the deadline fixed in the Regulations, by the defect or the delivery time of any e-mail sent during the Challenge or by any change in the Deliverables regardless of the fact of the Organizers.
16.4. The Organizers cannot be held responsible in case of total or partial modification, suspension, interruption, adjournment or cancellation of the Challenge for reasons regardless of their willingness. In such instances, the Organizing Company will inform as soon as possible the participants by a mention on the websitewww.agorize.com or on the Agorize Blog.
16.5. The Organizers cannot be held responsible for the consequences of a disqualification of a Participant because of his violation of the Regulations.
16.6. The Organizers shall not be liable for any trouble, action, claim, objection, claim related to the use of the Deliverables of the Partner Company not foreseen by the Regulations or in connection with the negotiation, execution or performance of contracts that the Partner company would sign with the Participants, therefore there was no direct intervention of Service.
16.7. In any case, the Organizers will not be held responsible for the deadline of delivery of the Prizes nor in case of impossibility for a Winner to benefit from his Prize for circumstances regardless of the Organizers’ willingness. The responsibility of the Organizers cannot be engaged in case of loss and/or deterioration of the Prize by post or any third similar service provider and more generally if the Winner does not receive his/her Prize. The responsibility of the Organizers cannot be engaged in case of incidents or of damages of all kinds, which could arise because of the enjoyment of the awarded prize and/or because of its use.
ARTICLE 17 - PRIVACY
17.1. Is “Confidential Information” in the sense of the present arrangement, all the material or immaterial information of whatever nature, in particular administrative, commercial, scientific, technical, financial, fiscal, which was, is or will be communicated by the Partner Company to the Participant, directly or indirectly, and in a non-exhaustive way, orally, in writing whatever the support is, by delivery of paper or electronic documents.
Is not Confidential Information:
- The currently accessible information or becoming accessible to the public without breach at the terms of the Regulations from the Participant,
- The information legally held by the Participant before their disclosure by the Partner Company,
- The information not resulting either directly or indirectly from the use of all or part of the Confidential Information,
- The information validly obtained close to a third party authorized to transfer or to reveal the aforementioned information.
17.2. During the duration of the Challenge and during a period of three (3) years after the end of the Challenge such as planned in Article 5, The Participant makes a commitment to:
- Not using the Confidential Information for any other purposes than the participation in the Challenge in the conditions of the Regulations;
- Taking any necessary, useful and reasonable precaution to protect the Confidential Information;
- Not Revealing the Confidential Information to whomever, by any means whatsoever, except to the other members of his/her Team;
17.3. At the end of the Challenge, because of the emergence of their term indicated to Article 5 or of their cancellation, the Participant will immediately have to put back to the Partner Company all the Confidential Information, whatever their support is, obtained during the Challenge. The Participant forbids himself from keeping copy in any form whatsoever, except with an on purpose, preliminary and written agreement by the Partner Company.
ARTICLE 18 – INFORMATION AND LIBERTIES
18.1. The participation in the Challenge requires the communication of the Participant’s personal data mentioned in Article 4.
18.2. This data can be modified at any time by the Participant.
18.3. This data mentioned in the present Article is subjected to an automated processing in the sense of the law n°78-17 of January 6th, 1978 for which the Organizing Company and possibly the Partner Company, is alone to define the means and the purpose, and is responsible, in this respect, for this processing in the sense of the aforementioned law.
The purpose of this processing is:
- To organize the intermediation between the Participant and the Partner Company;
- To ensure identification, communication and preservation of the exchanges with the Participant;
- To realize anonymous market studies by the Organizing Company or a third-party.
18.4. The addressees of this data are the Organizing Company and the Partner Company.
18.5. According to provisions of the law n°78-17 of January 6th, 1978, the Participant is informed that the personal data processing made was subjected to a statement in the Commission Nationale de l'informatique et des Libertés from which the receipt was delivered under the number 1495245 v 0.
In this respect, the Organizing Company made a commitment to protect all the personal data of the concerned people. These data are collected and handled in by the Organizing Company with the strictest confidentiality according to the law of January 6th, 1978.
18.6. According to the provisions of the articles 38, 39 and 40 of the law n°78-17 of January 6th, 1978, the Participant has, at any time, the right to:
- Oppose to the collect and process of personal data carried out by the Organizing Company;
- Oppose to the communication of these data to third-parties;
- Get access to all personal data handled by the Organizing Company;
- Rectify, update and delete his personal data handled by the Organizing Company.
To exercise his rights in conformance with the law n°78-17 of January 6th, 1978, the Participant has to send a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt mentioning clearly his identity and the object of his request to:
34, rue du faubourg Saint-Antoine
18.7. Concerning the possible installation of cookies (or witnesses of connection) on the Participant’s computer during his browsing on the Organizing Company’s website, the Participant is invited to consult the Regulations and Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions present on the website www.agorize.com and that he/she has to accept previously during the opening of an account necessary to participate in the Challenge.
ARTICLE 19 - REGULATIONS
19.1. The participation in the Challenge and the awarding of the Prize require the acceptance purely and simply and the full respect for the Regulation in all its terms. The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify, immediately and without compensation, every Participant not satisfying the present arrangement.
19.2. The Organizers reserve the right to modify at any time the terms of the Regulations, and during the Challenge without the requirement of notification to the Participant, concerning the application and the validity of these modifications. The Participant is invited to consult regularly the Regulations. The Participant gives up expressly any complaint or contesting linked to any modification brought to the Regulations by the Organizers.
19.3. If the parties fail to reach agreement within thirty (30) days of receipt of the registered mail, they are each free to act as they fit. The first party to act may then refer to matter to the competent jurisdiction under the Douai Court of Appeal.
Regulations are also available for consultation online on the website www.agorize.com.
A copy of these Regulations can be asked for free and with the reimbursement of the stamp used in the conditions of Article 15.
ARTICLE 20 - CANCELLATION AND SUSPSENSION OF THE CHALLENGE
20.1. The Organizer and Partner Company reserve the right to cancel, shorten, suspend the Contest if:
- In cases of force majeure;
- It appears that fraud has occurred in any form whatsoever;
- In the case of the article 11.9
20.2. The Organizers cannot be held responsible for cancellation or for suspension of the Challenge according to the present Article and no allowance nor compensation will be due to the Participant.
ARTICLE 21 – INDEPENDENCE
21.1. The registration and the participation in the Challenge are not, in any way, for effect to create a link of subordination between the Organizers and the Participant.
ARTICLE 22 – CLAIMS
22.1. Any claim of the Participant must be sent in writing during the latest 30 days after ending date of the Challenge.
22.2. Claims linked to the functioning of the website www.agorize.com must be formulated in writing at the following address:
34, rue du faubourg Saint-Antoine
22.3. Claims linked to the progress of the Challenge and to the sending of the Prizes must be formulated in writing at the following address:
34, rue du faubourg Saint-Antoine
22.4. At the risk of being rejected, any claim has to contain:
- Full contact details of the Participant (name, first name, address, zip code, city, Agorize login and e-mail);
- The identification of the concerned Challenge;
- The clear and elaborate presentation of the motives for the claim.
ARTICLE 23 - PRELIMINARY RECONCILIATION
23.1. In case of persistent dispute after the Participant has made a complaint in accordance of Article 22, the Organizers and Participants agree to submit their dispute to an amicable settlement before any court proceedings.
23.2. The party eager to initiate conciliation must inform the other party through a registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt in which it will make him know his intentions and it will specify the cause.
23.3. If no agreement is reached between the parties within 30 days of the registered letter reception, parties regain their freedom of action.
ARTICLE 24 – APPLICABLE LAW
The Regulations and the Challenge are under the French law.
In case of disagreement on the application or interpretation of the Rules, and the absence of agreement, any dispute will be submitted to the competent court, according to the legal rules of territorial jurisdiction.