Are you an Agtech entrepreneur?
Do you have a solution for one of the problems facing African agriculture?
Do you want to connect with professionals in plant nutrition and farming?
Would you like to be more actively engaged in the transformation
of African agriculture at a time when we need to produce more, more efficiently?
If so, then do not wait any longer!
Apply now to the African Agtech Showcase co-organized
by the International Fertilizer Association (IFA)
and Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P).
Enjoy privileged access to a network of professionals and experts in the fertilizer industry
Benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to showcase your startup's solution at the IFA annual conference
The winning startup will be awarded a prize of € 20,000.
End of November 2022
To participate in the challenge, please complete the online questionnaire.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of judges composed of representatives from UM6P and IFA and its member companies.
The selected start-ups will be announced in
A panel of experts will select 5 to 10 start-ups with the most relevant solutions to participate in the start-up showcase that will take place in May 2023 during the IFA Annual Conference, the largest annual gathering of the world plant nutrition industry.
An in-person demo day is planned during the 2023 IFA Annual Conference during which selected entrepreneurs will be given the opportunity to pitch their solutions to an audience made of IFA members’ staff and executives.
To be eligible, startups must meet the following criteria:
- The startup already has a minimum viable product (MVP).
- The startup has received less than € 20 million in funding since its establishment from external sources and is less than 10 years old.
- The startup provides an innovative solution to improve crop yield and quality, improve soil health, improve nutrient management performance, or facilitate market access.
- The product or service is operational or has been demonstrated.
- The startup is already active on the African continent or has strong potential to solve one of the continent's agricultural challenges.