Parkway Pantai Innovation Challenge 2019
This site is for startups only and not applicable to employees of Parkway Pantai Limited.
The Innovation Office, which is behind this Innovation Challenge, has two mandates:
- To act as a corporate venture arm to invest strategically in healthcare startups with potential to grow
- Adopt innovation into the Integrated Healthcare System that Parkway Pantai runs.
IHH Healthcare Berhad is a leading premium integrated healthcare provider in markets where the demand for quality care is strong and growing. We are one of the largest healthcare groups in the world by market capitalisation and are listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia and the Main Board of SGX-ST.
Employing more than 55,000 people and operating over 16,000 licensed beds across 84 hospitals in 11 countries worldwide, the Group offers the full spectrum of integrated healthcare services from clinics to hospitals to quaternary care and a wide range of ancillary services across our operating subsidiaries:
- Parkway Pantai Limited is one of Asia’s largest integrated private healthcare providers operating in Singapore, Malaysia, India, China, Brunei and United Arab Emirates. For over 40 years, its Mount Elizabeth, Gleneagles, Pantai, Parkway and Fortis brands have established themselves as the region’s best known brands in private healthcare, synonymous with best-in-class patient experience and outcomes.
Leveraging its global track record for medical excellence and managing world-class hospitals, Parkway Pantai is committed to making a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care, steadily expanding its reach in markets where demand for quality care is strong and growing.
In Singapore, it is the largest private healthcare operator with four JCI-accredited, multi-specialty tertiary hospitals - Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Gleneagles Hospital and Parkway East Hospital. It also owns Parkway Shenton, a large network of primary healthcare clinics and services, ParkwayHealth Radiology, ParkwayHealth Laboratory and Parkway College.
In Malaysia, Parkway Pantai is the second largest private healthcare provider operating ten Pantai Hospitals, four Gleneagles Hospitals and ancillary healthcare services including Pantai Integrated Rehab and Pantai Premier Pathology.
In India, Parkway Pantai operates a network of seven hospitals and one feeder centre under the Gleneagles Global and Continental banners. It is also in a joint venture to operate Apollo Gleneagles Hospital.
Parkway Pantai also has more than 20 patient assistance centres across the globe, providing patients with seamless patient care and a one-stop referral source to its hospitals and services.
- Acibadem Holdings is Turkey’s leading private healthcare provider, offering integrated healthcare services across 21 hospitals in Turkey, Macedonia and Bulgaria. The “Acibadem” brand is renowned for its clinical excellence in the Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East and North Africa “CEEMENA”) region.
- IMU Health is IHH’s medical education arm, and oversees the established higher learning institutions of International Medical College (“IMC”) and International Medical University (“IMU”) in Malaysia.
- Fortis Healthcare Limited is a leading integrated healthcare delivery service provider in India. The healthcare verticals of the company primarily comprise hospitals, diagnostics and day care specialty facilities. Currently, the company operates its healthcare delivery services in India, Dubai, Mauritius and Sri Lanka with 45 healthcare facilities (including projects under development), approximately 10,000 potential beds and 314 diagnostic centres.
In a global study of the 30 most technologically advanced hospitals in the world, its flagship, the Fortis Memorial Research Institute’ (FMRI), was ranked No.2, by ‘topmastersinhealthcare.com, and placed ahead of many other outstanding medical institutions in the world.
Mitsui & Co., Ltd. is one of the world's most diversified comprehensive trading, investment, and service companies. Headquartered in Japan, it has 6 business areas and 16 business units. Mitsui is committed to contribute in improving the healthcare system in Asia and respond to the needs of patients, doctors and hospitals by filling the medical supply and demand gap.
Mitsui is one of the major shareholders in IHH since May 2011 and is sponsoring the Parkway Pantai Innovation Challenge 2019. For more information about Mitsui, please visit the website.