Village by CA Nord de France
European Student Challenge: Breaking new ground in plant-based proteins to help feed the planet
Rise to the challenges of partners in The Village by CA Nord de France!
- Vary the sources of plant-based proteins! !
Increase the quality of proteins that are already widely consumed (dry vegetables, soya, etc.) and develop alternative forms of protein (algae, plant micro-organisms, traditional plants and vegetables, etc.) together with the quality of the soils in which they are grown.
Indirect consumption of plant-based protein via animal feeds is not relevant. The same applies to new sources of animal-based proteins, such as insects.
- Use new technologies
But not those which involve genetically modifying organisms or genome editing – people would be reluctant to adopt such technologies quickly.
- Ensure daily physiological needs with a well-balanced diet
With a sufficient level of protein and a variety of different proteins included in the ingredients
- Identify the technologies to reduce anti-nutritional factors and improve digestibility, the body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients and the nutritional quality of vegetable proteins.
- Reduce the environmental footprint of the production of plant-based proteins and their transformation from the field (or the sea) to the plate.
Improve the preservation of biodiversity
- Promote the utilisation of the original plant in its entirety with a minimum of transformation processing.
Thinking plant-based proteins
- Use plant-based proteins to develop a sensory experience that is as pleasant as that provided by animal-based proteins, or even more so.
Without necessarily being identical! Meat substitutes and imitations are becoming fashionable: is it possible to go further?
- Provide a sensation of repleteness with vegetable proteins that is at least equivalent to that generated by animal proteins.
For consumers to choose a diet that contains more plant-based protein, they have to make changes to their behaviour and modify their cultural references and beliefs.
To do this, they need information, they need to know the myriad of options that the diversity of the plant world offers us.
Education, raising awareness from the earliest years, can help to influence tomorrow’s behaviour.
Ways of living are changing, so our food is being reinvented as a result of new uses required to accommodate nomadism and practicality.
- Create new services!
- Create ecological and nutritional footprint indicators to encourage and motivate people
to choose more balanced plant-based proteins
to choose a more moderate ecological footprint
You are a chef in the making or passionate about cooking! Create new recipes and bring plant-based proteins directly to our plates in a main dish or innovative dessert.
Open up new possibilities with: original recipes, new combinations of ingredients, innovative cooking methods so that a balance of flavours and colours explodes onto your plate.
Put your recipes to the test with distinguished chefs selected by the Sodexo and Bonduelle Groups!