CBC/RADIO-CANADA HACKATHON 2019 PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT (“Agreement”)
- I am hereby registering for the CBC/Radio-Canada hackathon to take place from February 1 to 3, 2019 (“Hackathon 2019”). I will be able to participate virtually or on-site, at 1400 René-Lévesque Blvd. East, Montreal, Quebec, or at 250 Front St. W., Toronto Ontario.
- I have volunteered to take part in Hackathon 2019 of my own free will, at no charge. My participation in Hackathon 2019 does not constitute or create an employment relationship between myself and CBC/Radio-Canada.
- I will not use CBC/Radio-Canada’s facilities or equipment without prior authorization.
- I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all confidential information disclosed to me by CBC/Radio-Canada in connection with my participation in Hackathon 2019 and not to communicate such information to third parties unless it has been made public by CBC/Radio-Canada. I further undertake to inform CBC/Radio-Canada immediately of any unauthorized use or dissemination of confidential information and to offer CBC/Radio-Canada my full cooperation with its efforts to retake possession thereof.
- I undertake to respect all third-party intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, official brands and trademarks, during prototype development.
- I am entirely responsible for my own safety and welfare while participating in Hackathon 2019.
- I will be responsible for any expenses I incur in connection with my participation in Hackathon 2019, including my travel expenses, except for those paid by CBC/Radio-Canada, as indicated on the Hackathon 2019 website.
- I consent to the collection, use and disclosure to third parties of my personal information by CBC/Radio-Canada for the purposes set forth herein and for the purpose of administering Hackathon 2019.
- By participating in Hackathon 2019, I grant CBC/Radio-Canada a non-exclusive licence, in perpetuity, throughout the world and in any and all media controlled or authorized by CBC/Radio-Canada, to use my patents, trademarks, copyrights, designs, inventions, improvements, technologies, formulae, illustrations, reports, computer programs, documents and other intellectual property that I may develop and/or share in connection with Hackathon 2019 (“My IP”). This licence includes the right to publish, modify, adapt and develop My IP. For greater clarity, I will retain all ownership rights in My IP.
- I assume all responsibility and liability for any loss, injury or property damage that results from my actions or omissions, whether negligent or otherwise, in connection with my participation in Hackathon 2019 unless such loss, injury or damage is caused solely by CBC/Radio-Canada.
- I understand that Hackathon 2019 may be recorded and I give CBC/Radio-Canada the irrevocable right to use my name, image and voice in any media controlled or authorized by CBC/Radio-Canada, including social media.
- On my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs and assigns, I agree to hold CBC/Radio-Canada and the Representatives harmless from any claims, losses, damages and costs and from any legal expenses resulting from my participation in Hackathon 2019. On my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs and assigns, I discharge and release CBC/Radio-Canada, its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and insurers (collectively, the “Representatives”) from any and all claims, demands, action or causes of action, past or present, in connection with my participation in Hackathon 2019.
- This agreement is included on the Hackathon 2019 website.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between me and CBC/Radio-Canada respecting my participation in Hackathon 2019.