Do you have a talent for trendsetting?
Kombucha, kimchi, antioxidant infusions—help us discover the next big food and beverage movement, and get a chance to win a high-end tech gadget—or even an offer for an exciting position at PepsiCo.
Terms & Conditions - PEPSICO GO
- “PepsiCo Go” Challenge is brought to you by Walkers Snacks Limited, PepsiCo Europe Support Center in cooperation with Agorize, a company with expertise in the organization of online business challenges for students (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘Organizers’)
- By participating in the Challenge, the Participant unconditionally and irrevocably accepts and agrees to be bound by all these terms and conditions as stated herein at all times without any exception whatsoever.
- The Challenge is valid from 12:00PM (CET) 15th of January, 2018 until 11:59PM (CET) 27th of April, 2018 (“Challenge Period”). The Organizers may, in their absolute discretion, curtail or extend the Challenge Period, as they may deem necessary without any liability whatsoever.
- The Challenge is open to the following participants (“Participants”) - except the employees and contractors working with the Organizers, its affiliate companies, including any company in which the Organizers have equity interests, their joint ventures and joint venture partners, co-manufacturers, bottlers, advertising and promotion agencies and auditors.
Citizens who are eligible to work in at least one of the nine participating countries (Spain, United Kingdom, Belgium, Netherlands, Romania, Greece, Serbia, Russia, South Africa) and:
- Final year Bachelor or Master Students or Graduates that have just
obtained their graduate or post graduate degree(s) from any university;
- Have up to a maximum of 3 (three) years of work experience after having obtained the last graduate or post graduate degree(s) from any university.
5. Participants must register on Agorize.com to participate in the “PepsiCo Go Challenge” and agree to the terms and conditions of com. In the event of inconsistency between these terms and conditions and those on Agorize.com, these PepsiCo Go Challenge Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- The Challenge is divided into 3 Rounds. All submissions by the Participants need to be made in the English language. Further, all communications between the Organizers and the Participants, including the interviews will be conducted in English language.
- The Organizers shall publish the dates for each step in the 3 Rounds to be completed by the Participants on http://www.agorize.com/pepsico-go and the Participants shall be required to regularly check for updates to ensure timely submissions. The Organizers will be under no obligation to personally inform each Participant of the dates to submit the required information/ documents for each Round. Failure to complete a step by the required date as published by the Organizers, will lead to disqualification and the Organizers shall have no liability towards the Participants in such cases. The decision of the Organizers shall be final.
(i.) The Participants will enter the Challenge individually. They must visit the Website and complete the registration form. For this purpose, the Participant must open a user account on the website www.agorize.com and indicate the following:
- Last name;
- First name;
- Email address;
- A password
To validate registration, the Participant must also accept the Challenge Rules, and these Terms and Conditions.
A confirmation email containing an activation link is sent to the Participant’s listed email address.
Once the account is activated, the Participant must provide the information listed below:
- Date of Birth;
- Phone number;
- Preference for Digital or Insights department
- Select the countries they have eligibility and ambition to work in
Other information can be freely completed on the Participant’s profile in the account settings.
(ii.) The Participant must ensure all the details provided in the registration form are correct. Any details found incorrect would entail a disqualification from the Challenge.
(iii.) Registration forms need to be completed and submitted by 11:59PM (CET) on 20st of February, 2017. Anything submitted after this deadline will not be accepted by the Organizers.
(iv.) The data provided by entrants shall be used by the Organizers for the purposes of attempts to contact the Participant. The accuracy of this information is the responsibility of that Participant. Any intentional or unintentional errors, anomalies or inconsistencies in the information communicated by Participants will make them ineligible for awarding of the Prize.
(v.) The Organizers will not be liable for any loss of data due to server issues or other technical faults.
- Round 1: Submitting Ideas– To participate in Round 1 of the Challenge, Participants must comply with the following steps:
(i.) The Participant needs to identify what the next big food trend will be, why, and how PepsiCo can take it to market, through the creation of a new product or by adapting one of our current lines. A full explanation of their idea should be included in their submission. Their submission should be delivered in PowerPoint format of maximum 10 slides to ensure judges will be able to assess the idea within five minutes.
(ii.) The Participant should send us a 1 minute video pitch to introduce them to PepsiCo and share their motivation for joining the challenge. This video can be made by smartphones or video cameras and can delivered in any format, however should not exceed 1 minute. By submitting this video, Participant agrees and consents that Organizers are authorized to share this with the jury for review and evaluation purposes.
(iii.) To be valid, entries in the Challenge must be uploaded in the personal teamspace of the Participant on www.agorize.com by 11:59PM (CET) on 20st of February, 2018.
(iv.) Valid entries shall be evaluated by PepsiCo on the following criteria:
Selling the story:
(vi.) The Organizers will create a shortlist of the total entries to move on to second stage.
- Round 2: Channel Your Idea –
Once an initial pool of ideas have been submitted, PepsiCo will select the most promising concepts. These Participants will be given the chance to join Agorize’s ‘online mentoring portal’, where they will work alongside a PepsiCo mentor to create a more extensive business proposal. This will be modeled on PepsiCo’s existing templates and writing guidelines.
- In the case of Digital submissions, the proposal will need to include:
- An explanation of their idea.
- A rationale for choosing their trend.
- An outline of how they think PepsiCo can harness that trend, by changing its product line, starting an initiative or creating something entirely new.
- A go-to-market strategy focusing on how they will leverage e-commerce channels, digital marketing and content strategy to achieve success.
b. In the case of Insight submissions, the proposal will need to include:
- An explanation of their idea.
- A rationale for choosing their trend.
- Analysis and synthesis of data that backs it up.
- A go-to-market strategy focusing on showing how the data sources they have used lead them to their proposed idea, target audience, pricing strategy and marketing plan (high level).
To be valid, entries for Round 2 of the Challenge must be uploaded in the personal teamspace of the Participant on www.agorize.com before 30st of March, 2018 at 11:59PM (CET).
Valid entries will be evaluated by PepsiCo on the following criteria:
Strategic Depth of the Idea:
Rationale of the Idea and Relevance to current trends
Judged through business case quality
Quality of Business Case
- ROUND 3: Final interviews and Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa Finals
The best Participants after Round 2 (“Semi-Finalists”) will be invited to take part in the final stages of the Challenge, which will work as follows:
- Each of the semi-finalists will be invited to an interview with a PepsiCo Panel between the 6th of April 2018 and the 13th of April 2018. The best participants after this interview (“Finalists”) will be invited to join the European and Sub Saharan African Finals.
- Each of the Finalists shall prepare a PowerPoint Presentation describing his/her proposal and upload it on the Website between 13th of April, 2018 – 22nd of April, 2018 (by 11:59PM CET) or such other date as specified by the Organizers.
- The Finalists will present their final business cases to a PepsiCo Panel, will join a networking event, meet executive leaders and meet the Digital and Insights Managers. This final round will be held on such date as specified by the Organizers, in the PepsiCo Reading Office in UK or at such other place as may be decided by the Organizers.
- The Finalists will be informed via email or phone call, of the date and travel details for the interview. The Finalists will need to confirm attendance to the interview within 24 Hours of the invitation received.
- In case any travel is required for the purpose of the interview, the Organizers shall bear all reasonable costs associated with travelling from the place of residence of the Finalists, boarding and food at the venue finalized by the Organizers. All other expenses not expressly included above will not be borne by the Organizers or any other agency on Organizer’s behalf, and will be the sole responsibility of the respective members of the Finalists.
- Unless due to any unforeseeable event that is beyond the reasonable control of the Finalist which has been notified to the Organizers as soon as reasonably practicable, if a Finalist fails to reach the venue for the interview on the date and time specified by the Organizers, despite providing confirmation to the Organizers, his/her participation will be forfeited in entirety or may be passed on to the next Participant at the sole discretion of the Organizer
- The Organizers shall not be liable for any cancellations and/or delays in the train/flights/cars/visas arranged for the Finalists due to any reason beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to force majeure, logistical problems at the airports/railway stations/roads etc. and Finalists shall not have any claim against Organizers for the same. Organizers shall not be responsible for any such eventuality and Finalists undertake not to claim any compensation from Organizers.
Prizes to be Won -
The 3 best Finalists for both the Digital and the Insights entries in the final round will receive the following prizes according to their rankings:
- 1st Prizes (“Winners”) - A MacBook Air (worth approx £949.00.00 )
- 2nd Prizes (“1st Runners Up”) – Xbox One X (worth approx £ £470.00)
- 3rd Prizes (“2nd Runners Up”) – Beats Studio 3, wireless over ear Headphones (worth approx £299.95)
Acceptance of the above mentioned prizes signifies express acceptance of the following applicable conditions:
- Every Participant recognizes and accepts that the Prize cannot give rise to contestation of any kind, to a request of delivery neither of their monetary exchange value, nor to their replacement or exchange for another prize whatever the reason is.
- In case of unavailability of a Prize, the Organizers will be free to substitute a prize of a similar value, of the same brand or of a different brand, at the discretion of the Organizer.
- Every Participant recognizes and accepts that Organizer will not be held responsible, in any case, for the dysfunction of the Prize or for any harmful consequence experienced by the Winner or any third party because of the Prize. It is stated that the Organizers will not provide any partner warranty service or assistance.
- All round 3 participants will be offered a job interview for the PepsiCo Graduate Programme in PepsiCo’s Insights department in the UK or South Africa or PepsiCo’s Digital department in Spain, the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Romania, Greece, Serbia or Russia, subject to the following:
- Job interviews for PepsiCo Graduate Program referred to above will be determined by PepsiCo in its absolute discretion and will not guarantee a job position for the interviewed.
- The place for the interview and for the graduate positions offered will be determined at PepsiCo’s discretion.
- For any graduate positions offered, Organizers will not provide assistance or cover any costs or expenses associated with any form of relocation that may be required from Participant’s place of residence to assigned PepsiCo office in order to take on such position. Any offer shall be subject to PepsiCo standard terms and conditions of employment. Such terms and conditions of employment would be provided to the Participant at the relevant time.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Definition: The term "intellectual property rights" refers to any Invention, any copyright or other rights over a brand or model and, more generally, any element that may be protected by international laws or conventions on intellectual property.
- Any Deliverable involving several Participants constitutes a collaborative work.
- PRIVACY RULES
- Participation in the Challenge requires the communication of the Participant’s personal data, which can be modified at any time by the Participant.
- The Participant’s personal data is subjected to an automated processing in the sense of the law for which the Organizer is alone to define the means and the purpose, and is responsible, in this respect, for this processing in the sense of the aforementioned law. The purpose of this processing is:
- To organize the intermediation between the Participant and the Organizers;
- To ensure identification, communication and preservation of the exchanges with the Participant;
- To realize anonymous and statistical market studies by Organizers
- Concerning the possible installation of cookies (or witnesses of connection) on the Participant’s computer during his browsing on the Organizer’s websites, the Participant is invited to consult the concerned website and the conditions he/she has to accept previously during the opening of an account necessary to participate in the Challenge
- General Conditions
- By participating in the Challenge the Participant gives his/her free consent to abide by the rules, regulations, policies and obligations as mandated by Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, VK and LinkedIn.
- Participant, without any exception and at all times during the Challenge shall follow instructions given by the Organizers in its entirety. Any failure to comply with the instructions of the Organizers will result in the disqualification of the entry made by the Participant.
- The Participants acknowledge that certain information disclosed by the Organizers to the Participants during the Challenge Period may be proprietary to the Organizers or any of their affiliates and confidential in nature (“Confidential Information”). To this extent, the Participants agree that for the duration of the Challenge Period and for a further period of one year, they shall not disclose to any third party, and shall refrain from using, except as may be needed for participating in the Challenge, any confidential and proprietary information of the Organizers, or any of their affiliates. The Participants shall not print, reproduce or otherwise disclose to any third party, or use for the benefit of itself or anybody else, or for any purpose other than for the purpose of participating in the Challenge.
- The Participants understand and acknowledge that any unauthorized disclosure or misappropriation of any of the Confidential Information may cause the Organizers irreparable harm, the amount of which may be difficult to ascertain and, therefore, agree that the Organizers shall have the right to apply to a court of competent jurisdiction for an order restraining any such threatened or further unauthorized disclosure or misappropriation and for such other relief as the Organizers shall deem appropriate, such right of the Organizers to be in addition to the remedies otherwise available to the Organizers at law or in equity.
- It is strictly prohibited to upload content (picture/text/any other content) of any kind that contains expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity, pornography, sexually explicit or against any religious sentiments or against any caste, creed or race or any material which is offensive to women or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with these Terms and Conditions or any other applicable law. It is also clarified that any entry which is in the reasonable opinion of the Organizer is found to be obscene, offending and hurtful shall be rejected immediately, the Participants will be disqualified from the Challenge; and appropriate action will be taken against the said Participant(s).
- The Participants agree and undertake that their entries will be their original creation and shall not in any way be obscene, vulgar, disrespectful or defamatory in any manner nor shall be in violation of any intellectual property rights or any other rights of third parties and/or applicable laws. It is also clarified that the Participants are solely responsible for any violation of any applicable laws and shall keep the Organizers indemnified in this regard.
- By displaying, publishing, or otherwise posting any material on or through the Sites or in connection with the Challenge, the Participants hereby grant to the Organizers, an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and distribute such material throughout the world in any media, without the requirement to make payment to the Participants or to any third party or the need to seek any third party permission. The Participants further agree that the Organizers are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how that the Participants provide to the Organizers. The Participants further grant to the Organizers, the right to use the name they submit in connection with such material, if they so choose. This license includes the right to host, index, cache, distribute, and tag any material, as well as the right to sublicense material to third parties, including other users, for use on other media or platforms known or hereinafter developed, such as for use on mobile phones, in video or music software computer programs. The Participants represent and warrant that they own the content submitted, displayed, published or posted by them on the Sites and otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth herein, and the displaying, publishing or posting of any content they submit, and that Organizers’ use thereof does not and will not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity; and that the Participants will indemnify the Organizers for all claims resulting from the content provided by the Participants.
- The Organizers have all rights to verify the credibility of the entry and to disqualify any Participant in case they have reasonable grounds to believe that he/she has breached or attempted to breach these T&Cs or the Rules of the Challenge. The decision of Organizers shall be final.
- Decisions of Organizers will be final and binding with regard to the Challenge.
- The prizes are personal to the winners and are not transferrable and cannot be sold under any circumstances.
- No cash payment will be made in lieu of the prize.
- Organizers shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or any other liability arising out of the Challenge or due to participation by any person in the Challenge.
- Organizer shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to Act of God, Governmental actions, other force majeure circumstances and shall not be liable to pay any amount as compensation or otherwise for any such loss.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).